Public Information Workshop - Falcon Field Airport Master Plan
- Date: 03/27/2018 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Location: Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum
2017 N. Greenfield Road
Mesa, Arizona 85215
The public is invited to a drop-in Public Information Workshop for the Falcon Field Airport Master Plan (AMP) to be held 6:00-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 27 at the Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum, 2017 E. Greenfield Road. The workshop will provide an introduction to the master plan process, plan elements and goals for future airport development. The public is invited to ask questions about Falcon Field Airport and the master plan process, which is expected to be completed in spring 2019.
The Airport Master Plan is a comprehensive analysis of current and future airport infrastructure needs and alternatives with the purpose of providing vision and direction for the future development of the facility. The primary objective of the plan is to produce a long-term development program which will yield a safe, efficient, economical and environmentally compliant air transportation facility.
The master plan provides a phased outline of proposed developments so that the City, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) can strategically plan for future infrastructure improvements. It is typical for airports to periodically update their master plan.
The Airport Master Plan:
- evaluates potential aviation demand
- addresses changes in the aviation industry that could impact Airport development
- identifies and plans for potential capital projects
- obtains approval of an updated Airport Layout Plan (ALP)
- increases stakeholder and public awareness of the Airport's goals and objectives
For more information, visit www.falconfield.airportstudy.com or contact Coffman Associates at 602-993-6999 or Falcon Field Airport staff at 480-644-2450.