Falcon Field Airport Open House
- Date: 03/26/2016 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Location: Falcon Field Airport/Falcon Field Park
4636 E. Fighter Aces Drive
Mesa, Arizona 85215
Get a close look at unique aircraft, classic cars, model railroads and more 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, March 26, 2016 when the City of Mesa’s Falcon Field Airport hosts its eighth annual Open House.
The event will be at Falcon Field Park, 4636 East Fighter Aces Drive (north of McKellips Road between Greenfield and Higley roads). Free general and disabled parking is available at the airport entrance on the north side of McKellips Road east of Greenfield Road. Additional free parking with shuttles to the event site also will be available on the west side of Higley road north of McKellips Road.
Event admission is free! Canned food donations will be accepted for the United Food Bank.
- See unique aircraft up close, including The Boeing Company's Apache AH-64E military helicopter, S-100 and ScanEagle unmanned aerial vehicles, and ground control station; vintage warbirds; the Mesa Police Aviation Unit helicopter; a 1967 AH-1F Cobra helicopter; a hot air balloon; experimental aircraft; general aviation aircraft, and more!
- Experience the pilot's seat in flight simulators!
- Explore flight training and aviation careers with representatives of area education programs, businesses and aviation organizations.
- Learn about Falcon Field’s origin as a World War II pilot training base & view historic military aircraft & exhibits at the Commemorative Air Force Airbase Arizona Aviation Museum (CAF). The museum will have expanded hours 9 a.m.-4 p.m. March 26. The Southwest Military Transportation Show also will be held at the CAF 9 a.m-4 p.m. March 26. Highlights include military vehicle & static aircraft displays, collectibles, vehicle parts, plastic model contest, & swap meet. Reduced admission of $5/person or $10/family on March 26 cover both the museum and Southwest Military Transportation Show.
- See more than 100 classic cars at the Impala Bob’s Car Show!
- Model railroad exhibits
- Food, music and aircraft fly-overs will add to the fun!
Watch for event updates and exhibit information at https://mesaaz.gov/business/falcon-field-airport or call the airport 480-644-2450.