Mayor John Giles' State of the City highlights
- Lead Mayor John Giles' State of the City Breakfast, hosted by the Mesa Chamber of Commerce, was held on Jan. 31, 2017 at the Mesa Convention Center. Audio and photos are available at www.mesanow.org and rebroadcasted on Mesa11.com.
Mayor John Giles’ State of the City Breakfast, hosted by the Mesa Chamber of Commerce, was held this morning at the Mesa Convention Center.
- The Chicago Cubs are bringing the World Series trophy to Mesa on February 24. The celebration is at noon at Sloan Park. Several downtown properties will be transforming soon.
- Auto Nation will begin demolition this summer. City owned sites at Country Club Dr. and Main St. and Mesa Dr. and University Dr. are scheduled for new residential developments.
- Announcement of a grant from First Things First to develop a program that provides greater access to early childhood education through coordinating city services, home preschool kits and online training for kids.
- The historic Alhambra Hotel is now dorms for Benedictine University students. Downtown living is expanding and Mesa is growing as a college town with 41,000 students at Benedictine University, Mesa Community College and ASU Polytechnic.
- My NextMesa is a new community engagement initiative coming soon. New platform will use images, video, maps and discussion to design what’s next for Mesa.
Contact: Melissa Randazzo