Falcon Field Airport Open House offers free family fun!
Aircraft displays, flight simulators & fly-overs!
- Lead The annual Falcon Field Airport Open House offers free fun for all ages! Unique aircraft displays featuring Boeing's AH-64E Apache attack helicopter & unmanned aerial vehicles, fly-overs, flight simulators, aviation career information, Impala Bob's Classic Car Show, kids' activities, and more! The event will be held 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, March 24 at Falcon Field Airport/Falcon Field Park, 4636 East Fighter Aces Drive.
Get a close look at unique aircraft, classic cars, model railroads and more 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, March 24, 2018 when the City of Mesa’s Falcon Field Airport hosts its annual Open House.
The event will be at Falcon Field Park, 4636 East Fighter Aces Drive (north of McKellips Road between Greenfield and Higley roads). Free general and disabled parking is available at the airport entrance on the north side of McKellips Road east of Greenfield Road. Additional free parking with shuttles to the event site also will be available on the west side of Higley Road north of McKellips Road.
Event admission is free! Canned food donations will be accepted for the United Food Bank.
• See unique aircraft up close, including including The Boeing Company's AH-64E Apache attack helicopter; the Army Aviation Heritage Foundation's 1967 AH-1F Cobra helicopter; vintage warbirds; experimental aircraft; public safety aircraft, general aviation aircraft, and more!
• Experience the pilot's seat in flight simulators, or buy a ride in a helicopter!
• Explore flight training and aviation careers with representatives of area education programs, businesses and aviation organizations.
• Learn about Falcon Field’s origin as a World War II pilot training base & view historic military aircraft & exhibits at the Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum (CAF). The museum will have expanded hours 9 a.m.-4 p.m. March 24. The Southwest Military Transport Show also will be held at the CAF 9 a.m-4 p.m. March 24. Highlights include military vehicle & static aircraft displays, collectibles, vehicle parts, plastic model contest, & swap meet. Discounted admission of $5/person or $10/family of four on March 24 cover both the museum and Southwest Military Transport Show.
• See more than 100 classic cars at the Impala Bob’s Car Show!
• Model railroad exhibit by the Arizona Big Train Operators!
• New this year! Join the 100 Club of Arizona in celebrating its 50th anniversary at the Open House! Founded in 1968, the 100 Club of Arizona's Mission is to provide financial assistance to families of first responders who are seriously injured or killed in the line of duty, and provide resources to enhance their safety and welfare.
A picnic pavilion will be available at the Open House for 100 Club members and families to meet and socialize. The public also is welcome to visit the pavilion to learn about the 100 Club, talk to representatives about its services, or donate toward its mission. The 100 Club also has coordinated special aircraft displays at the Open House by Arizona public safety organizations.
• Inflatables, face painting, aviation-themed crafts, balloon animals and more for the kids!
• Food trucks, nostalgic music and aircraft fly-overs!
For information, call (480) 644-2450 or email email@example.com.