Holiday Construction Moratorium
Construction Activities Near Major Shopping Areas Pause
Mesa, AZ – Beginning November 15, 2017, all construction and maintenance activities on arterial or collector streets near shopping areas should be evaluated to determine the necessity of the work or maintenance to be performed during the holiday moratorium.
Temporary Traffic Control permit requests will be denied if it is determined the work/maintenance can be performed after the holiday moratorium.
November 15, 2017, through January 1, 2018
Main St – Country Club Dr. to Hobson
1st Ave –Country Club Dr. to Mesa Dr.
1st St – Country Club Dr. to Mesa Dr.
Mesa-Gateway Airport, Loop 202 access to Sossaman Rd.
Arterial and collector streets serving as primary access to large shopping centers
Arterial streets within one mile of any freeway
Permitted Work – Limitations:
• Current CIP/JOC projects not restricting access to large shopping centers
• Single lane closures more than 300’ from any signalized intersection
• Traffic restrictions outside of peak hours
• Night work while businesses are closed.
Emergency exceptions to the Holiday Moratorium:
• City of Mesa Utilities and Transportation.
• Major Utilities such as SRP, Southwest Gas, etc.
• Work near or in front of schools that can be processed without restricting access to large shopping centers.