The Mesa Fire and Medical Department Grief Support Team- Grief
support provides emotional support and community resources to
families who are dealing with a death of a family member or loved
The Community Response Team - Grief Support -provides
on-call assistance, seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. in the
City of Mesa.
These services include providing emotional support to families and
friends, assisting in the death notification process, and assist in
the choice of necessary services.
Volunteers have the opportunity to choose between day and night
shifts to meet the flexibility of their schedules. The first shift
is from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. and the second shift is from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Volunteer members are contacted by telephone and will respond to a
call in their own vehicle.
|Becoming a Team Member:
- Applications can be:
- Emailed to
- Mailed to: PO Box 1466 Mesa, AZ 85211
- Dropped off at: 13 West First Street, Mesa, AZ 85201
- Faxed to: 480-644-4673
- Attend & complete an interview
- Pass background check (fingerprinting and DMV
- Attend Orientation/Training
- Available for at least two shifts per month
Return to Fire and Life
Safety Education Page