The period for feedback has closed and the public survey results have been compiled and presented to the Mesa City Council. We would like to thank everyone who participated. We received nearly 2,000 online responses and exceptional participation at our public meetings.
The City will be hiring an urban design consultant to develop a vision and prepare conceptual master plan(s) consistent with the Guiding Principles below. The conceptual master plan(s), along with market feasibility analyses, will become the basis for developing the property.
Future development of University and Mesa Drives:
- Provides a significant market-rate residential component (for sale and rental)
- Develops in an urban form
- Is sensitive to the Wilbur Historic District
- Provides a variety of building types and uses
- Provides high quality design and construction
- Activates and supports the downtown core
- Provides a connected pedestrian environment
- Provides neighborhood supporting non-residential uses that complement downtown core
Development of the vision and conceptual master plan(s) will be an open and public process, in which we encourage all interested people to participate. Updates on the conceptual master planning process and how you can participate will be posted on the Downtown Transformation page as they become available.
Watch the presentation to the City Council at the November 21, 2016 Study Session
Watch Council's discussion at the February 25, 2016 Study Session