This is your one-stop-shop for information and guidance on starting a business in Mesa.
Starting a Business in Mesa: Mesa Business Resource Guide – Provides steps, resources and contacts for starting a business.
- First Points of Contact [PDF]
- Establishing a Business [PDF]
- Getting Started in Mesa [PDF]
- Regulatory Issues [PDF]
- Community Relations Programs [PDF]
- Additional Resources [PDF]
Get the complete Mesa Business Resource Guide [PDF]
Additional Guides to Starting a Business
- Arizona Commerce Authority: Small Business Checklist
- U.S. Small Business Administration: 10 Steps to Starting a Business
- IRS: Guide to Starting a Business
- LAUNCHPOINT, Mesa Technology Accelerator
- LAUNCHPOINT, Business Academy
- Arizona Commerce Authority Entrepreneur’s Edge Start Up Guide
- Arizona Innovation Challenge
- Arizona Innovation Accelerator Fund
Downtown Mesa Programs and Assistance
- Downtown Small Business Attraction Utility Rate Program - 25% reduction on electric and water bills for the first three years for qualifying new businesses in Downtown Mesa.
- Sprinkler Cost Assistance Program - Up to $20,000 assistance for construction of a sprinkler system in Downtown Mesa building.
State of Arizona Programs and Assistance – Includes programs such as the Arizona Innovation Challenge, Small Business Services, Arizona Innovation Accelerator Fund, and incentive programs such as the Angel Investment Tax Credit, R&D Tax Credit and Job Training Grants.
Permitting and Zoning
- Planning & Zoning – Is my business allowed in a specific location? Are there specific design standards I need to follow?
- Commercial Construction – How do I determine what permits I need?
- Utility Permits/Service – Does my business have City of Mesa utility and service line needs?
City Codes and Ordinances
- Mesa Population & Demographics
- Mesa Maps
- Maricopa County Maps
- Maricopa Association of Governments
- Mesa Library
- Arizona Small Business Association
- Arizona Small Business Development Centers
- Phoenix Minority Business Development Agency
Loans & Financial Assistance
- State & Local Incentive Programs
- Neighborhood Economic Development Corporation (NEDCO)
- West Mesa Community Development Corporation
- Arizona Small Business Administration
- Maricopa County Industrial Development Authority
- Arizona Multi Bank Community Development Corporation
- City of Mesa Business Export Assistance Program (BEAP)
Licensing & Taxes
- City of Mesa Licensing Office
- City of Mesa Tax Audit Department
- Maricopa County Treasurer’s Office
- State of Arizona Department of Revenue
- Federal Tax Information for Businesses
- Mesa Chamber of Commerce
- Downtown Mesa Association
- Mesa Neighborhood Outreach Office
- Arizona Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP)
Get Your Business Online Program
A Google program focused on assisting businesses create an online presence for free for one year.
Additional Links & Guides