2017 City of Mesa process and timeline
- Gila River Indian Community 2016 Grant Cycle documents are posted on the Gila River Indian Community website at www.gilariver.org. Under the “Departments” tab, click “Executive” and then “Office of Special Funding.”
- All applicants must use the Gila River Indian Community application, easily identified below the heading “Grant Application Materials.”
- Resolutions will be required only for those proposals identified to receive awards and will be required at the end of the process.
- However, a municipality representative must sign the application cover sheet to acknowledge your application in order for it to be accepted by the Gila River Indian Community.
- For this purpose, the City’s Grants Coordinator, Sharon Skinner, will serve as the City of Mesa Representative.
Request for City Representative Signature of Acknowledgement must be emailed to Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following information:
- The name of the program/project your agency/department will fund with the grant
- The amount of funding requested from GRIC
- A short description of the program/project for which you are requesting funding
- A brief paragraph describing how this program/project will impact Mesa community and the projected number or percentage of Mesa residents to be served
- Your complete contact information including phone, email and mailing address with a designated point of contact
- Your completed cover sheet must be attached to your email request. A signed copy will be returned to you.
Deadline for completed Cover Sheet to City of Mesa Grants Coordinator: March 16, 2017
The complete 2017 timeline is as follows:
January 2, 2017 – Grant Cycle Opens
March 16, 2017—Cover sheets due to Sharon Skinner for signature of acknowledgement. Send via email to email@example.com along with the above listed information.
March 31, 2017, 5:00 p.m. – Complete Grant applications due electronically to the Gila River Indian Community Office of Special Funding at firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 14, 2017—Applicant Notification of Award phase will be made on or before this date.
July 21, 2017—Deadline for Resolution Materials to City of Mesa Grants Coordinator, Sharon Skinner
August 21, 2017—Funding Award Resolution on City Council Meeting Agenda. (Copy of executed City Council resolution to be sent directly to Gila River Indian Community with cc’s to award phase applicants.)
September 1, 2017, 5:00 p.m. – A resolution from the city/town council or county board of supervisors due on or before this date from those applicants selected to continue to the award phase. (Applicant notification of this phase will be made about June 2016.)
October 25, 2017 – Grant awards announced