Mesa City Code
10-3-25 sets forth the liability and enforcement of parking violations.
The code provides:
- an action involving unlawful parking may be served upon
- the owner or operator of the vehicle by attaching a copy of the parking
notice to the vehicle.
The code requires:
The person to respond to the notice within seven calendar days from the day
the notice was issued by:
A.) Paying the sanction amount
B.) Requesting a hearing
C.) Appearing in person at court to explain the circumstances of the
The code prescribes the minimum sanction amount for each violation.
- If the person has not responded and the sanction has not been paid within
seven calendar days from the day the notice was issued, the sanction
increases by twice the minimum sanction amount.
- If the person has not made a timely response and the sanction is not paid
within thirty days from the day the notice was issued, the sanction
increases by four times the minimum sanction amount.
- The $20.00 time payment fee required by State Statute is added to the
sanction amount when the fine is not paid within the prescribed time.