Manage your monthly utility bill amounts using the City of
Mesa's Budget Payment Plan. The Budget Payment Plan will
help balance seasonal highs and lows of your utility bill while
your monthly payment remains the same each month.
How it works
The City of Mesa calculates your budget payment amount by taking
the total of your annual energy costs for the previous 12
months, divides the total by 12, and adds an energy variance
percentage. The purpose of the Budget Payment Plan is to
establish a credit balance during the lower energy use months
that will apply toward those months with higher energy use.
The City of Mesa will review your account periodically and can
make adjustments to your budget payment amount if there is a
significant change in your utility usage.
The City of Mesa offers 2 Budget Payment Plans:
Customers with Gas Service Only
1st - Aug 31st
Customers with a Combination of Utility Types
(ex. Electric, Gas, Water, Sewer, Solid Waste,
1st - Jan 31st
Before enrolling in this program, please keep a few things in
- This program is available to residential customers only.
- You must have 12 consecutive months of utility bills at
- The account balance must be paid in full at time of
- You can be on SurePay and Select Due Date with the
- Payment arrangements are not available if you are on the
Budget Payment Plan.
- The Budget Payment Amount may change. Accounts on
the Budget Plan will be monitored for large debit/ credit
- If your payment is not posted on or before the due date,
you will be removed from the Budget Payment Program.
You may sign up again during the next enrollment period.
If you have questions about how this program works, please
contact us. You may E-mail (please do not send
sensitive information such as credit card numbers or social
security numbers) Customer Service at
online.utility.requests@Mesaaz.gov, or call us at
480-644-2221, toll free 1-866-406-9659.