Why Mesa Makes Good Business Sense
Mesa, Arizona offers a competitive operating environment compared to other
Southwest markets. For more than a decade, Arizona has implemented reductions in
taxes and created incentive programs favorable to businesses.
Important Arizona Tax Information
- In Arizona, workers compensation rates are the 7th lowest in the nation and
the 6th lowest unemployment insurance costs per employee.
- The assessment ratio for real and personal property taxes on commercial and
industrial properties was reduced by 20%.
- Arizona has one of the most aggressive additional depreciation schedules,
resulting in reduced operating costs and a quicker path to profitability.
- Arizona also exempts equipment used in manufacturing from sales tax.
- Arizona is a right-to-work state.
Plus, the state does not levy the following taxes:
- No corporate franchise tax.
- No business inventory tax.
- No income tax on dividends from out-of-state subsidiaries.
- No worldwide unitary tax.
- Virtually all services exempt from sales tax.
- 100% of net operating loss may be carried forward for five years.
Learn more about Business and Personal Taxes
in Mesa, Arizona.
PO Box 1466
20 East Main, Suite 200
Monday - Thursday
7:00 am - 6:00 pm
William J. Jabjiniak
Economic Development Director
Mesa Chamber of Commerce
Downtown Mesa Association
Greater Phoenix Economic
Better Business Bureau
Arizona Small Business
Small Business Administration
list of helpful Links