Why Mesa Makes Good Business Sense
Mesa, Arizona offers a competitive operating environment compared to other
Southwest markets. For more than a decade, Arizona has implemented reductions in
taxes and created incentive programs favorable to businesses.
Important Arizona Tax Information
- Arizona has the 6th lowest unemployment insurance tax rate in the nation and the lowest amount in the U.S. for total wage base subject to unemployment tax ($7,000).
- The assessment ratio for real and personal property taxes on commercial and
industrial properties was reduced to 19% in 2014, and will fall to 18.5% in 2015.
- Arizona has one of the most aggressive additional depreciation schedules,
resulting in reduced operating costs and a quicker path to profitability.
- Arizona also exempts equipment used in manufacturing from sales tax.
- Arizona is a right-to-work state.
Plus, the state does not levy the following taxes:
- No corporate franchise tax.
- No business inventory tax.
- No income tax on dividends from out-of-state subsidiaries.
- No worldwide unitary tax.
- Virtually all services exempt from sales tax.
- 100% of net operating loss may be carried forward for five years.
Learn more about Business and Personal Taxes
in Mesa, Arizona.