Power Road Improvements Pecos Road to Santan Freeway
Project Number 07-066-001


 

 

Project Updates

 

04/07/2014

The City of Mesa has selected Haydon Building Corp. as the Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR) for this project. This project has been split into two Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) projects. There is still work included in GMP #1 that needs to be completed to coincide with the Roosevelt Water Conservation District's (RWCD) dry up period. The work in GMP #2 includes the majority of the road work and began on June 18, 2012.

GMP #2

Intersection work on Williams Field Road and Power Road was completed the last week of March. Landscape and utility adjustments are ongoing. Illuminated street signs were installed and activated at all five City of Mesa intersections.

 

Project Schedule

 

Construction on this project began in June 2012 and is expected to be completed mid April 2014.

Project Details

 

This project is a partnership between the City of Mesa, the Town of Gilbert, and the Maricopa County Department of Transportation (MCDOT), with Mesa acting as the lead agency for design, right-of-way acquisition and construction.

Power Road is a major arterial street, which currently has two lanes of traffic in each direction.  This project is approximately 2.7 miles, beginning on the south side of the interchange with the Santan Freeway, and ending at the north side of the Pecos Road intersection. The proposed improvements include widening the road to three lanes in each direction with a raised median and full intersection improvements at Ray Road and Williams Field Road.

 

Project Funding

 

GMP #1 - The recommended total award amount for this project is $2,606,053.77, based on a GMP of $2,369,139.79 plus an additional $236,913.98 (10% allowance for change orders). The Maricopa Association Regional Transportation Plan (MAG RTP) shall pay approximately 70% of the total cost of the project.  The remainder of funding is available in FY 11/12 Streets Bond Program.

GMP #2 - The recommended total award amount for this project is $31,489,798.19, based on a GMP (GMP No. 2) of $28,627,089.26 plus an additional $2,862,708.93 (10% allowance for change orders). The Maricopa Association of Governments Regional Transportation Plan (MAG RTP) is responsible for approximately 70% of the total cost of the project, which is estimated to be $15,477,938.00.  The City of Mesa, Town of Gilbert, and MCDOT will fund the remaining 30% of the total project cost, which will be approximately one-third each.  Therefore, Mesa’s share will be funded through the FY 11/12 Streets Bond, Wastewater Bond, and Gas Bond Programs. 

 

 

 

 

 

Project Location Map

Construction Progress Photos

Road Closures and Lane Restrictions

Business Promotional Page

Engineering Home

Find us: mctraffic  Facebook Icon  Twitter Icon

 

Open during Construction

The businesses listed below are participating in our Shop Mesa program and are offering some great construction specials! Be sure to check them out!

Burrito Shack

Midfirst Bank

Storage Solutions

Optimal Spine & Health Center

Texas Road House

The UPS Store

Williams Landing Apartments