The Observer Program is available to persons actively pursuing a career
within the Fire Service.
Observers may spend up to 8 hours at a Mesa Fire Station visiting with the
crews, touring the station, sharing a meal and going along on calls if any are
dispatched to the Station. Your time at the station should be an educational
and enjoyable experience. If you are interested in participating in this
educational opportunity please contact Gail Coakley 480-644-4494.
Some information and qualifications to participate as an Observer may include:
- Be actively pursuing a career in the fire service (school, applications
or in the testing process)
- A member of another fire department.
- A member of a public safety entity.
- You must be over 18 years of age and physically able to climb in and out
of a fire truck.
- Please allow for 7 days advance notice for appointment.
- You will receive a letter of confirmation, a Waiver Form, an
Information Sheet and and Observer Program Evaluation to leave with the
Officer in charge.