- Never leave a child unattended in a
- Be aware of the dangers of unlocked toilets.
- Babies and toddlers are top heavy, never
leave a child near a bucket, toilet, pool/spa or
any standing water body of water.
- Before you start the bath for your child,
check that you have the following items with
- A child can drown in as little as 2 inches
- Take the child with you, if you have to
leave the room for anything.
- Drain the tub immediately when finished
- Make sure babysitters and care givers are
trained in CPR.
Return to Fire and
Life Safety Education Page