Mesa Police Seek Assistance In Identifying Robbery Suspects
January 6, 2011
The Mesa Police Department is seeking assistance in identifying
a male responsible for 8 robberies in the past week.
Between Thursday, December 30, 2010 and Wednesday, January 5,
2011, the suspect committed 6 robberies in Mesa and 2 robberies
in Gilbert. The suspect enters the business and asks the
employee if they can make change. When the suspect is told that
he must make a purchase for the register to open, he decides to
purchase an item. In the majority of the incidents, the suspect
seemed rushed and in all of the incidents he leaves on foot.
During the Mezona Hotel incident, the suspect was seen getting
into the passenger side of a dark green full-size pickup truck.
Based on this information, we believe that there are two
suspects involved. The locations and dates of the robberies are
- December 30 - Jamba Juice - 1653 S Dobson, Mesa
- December 30 - Waffle House - 1831 S Country Club, Mesa
- January 1 - Starbucks - 1457 W Southern, Mesa
- January 2 - Pizza Patron - 345 N Country Club, Mesa
- January 3 - Jamba Juice - 1555 N Gilbert, Gilbert
- January 4 - Mezona Motor Hotel - 250 W Main, Mesa
- January 5 - Golden Spoon - 754 S Val Vista, Gilbert
- January 5 - Dunkin Donuts - 1198 E Baseline, Mesa
suspect (seen below in surveillance photos) is described
as a whilte male, 20-25 years old, 6' to 6'2" tall, 170 to 180
pounds, brown/blonde hair with a mustache. In one case, a
witness mentioned that the suspect had acne on his face. The
male was described as wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt and blue
jeans. In three cases, the suspect is described as a Hispanic
male in his early 20s, 5'8" tall, weighing 140 pounds. Due
to the variance in the physical descriptions, it appears the two
suspects alternate who enters the business.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Mesa Police
Department at 480-644-2211 or Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS.