Code Compliance55 N. Center St.
An appointment is strongly suggested. Please contact your code officer directly.
Hours of Operation
Office: M-Th 7am-6pm
Code Officers: M-F 6:30am-5pm
Eloy Garza, Code Compliance Administrator
M-Th 7 am - 6 pm
After Hours Complaint Line
Code Compliance works in partnership with the citizens of Mesa to promote and maintain a safe and attractive living and working environment.
How is a Complaint Handled?
- When a complaint is received a Code Officer will complete an initial inspection of the property in question within 3 business days. Please keep in mind the is contingent on the Code Officer’s scheduled days off or holiday.
- At the time of the initial inspection (visit to the property) the Code Officer will determine if the property is in violation.
- If the property is found “not in violation” the case is closed.
- If the property is found “to be in violation” the Code Officer will leave an Inspection Notice. The inspection Notice provides the responsible party or owner important information; such as the specific violation, a reminder of the 14-day time line and the Code Officer contact information.
- Properties found in violation will also receive a “Notice of Violation” in the mail reminding them of the 14-day time and the importance of notifying the assigned Code Officer the violation has been abated or to request and extension; in addition to the specific violation code and language, and the Code Officer contact information.
- If no extension is requested or granted a citation is issued.
- Extension requests must be made with the Code Officer Assigned to your case or his/her supervisor.
- Note: Only a supervisor can grant an extension beyond 28 days.
|Mosquitoes (and West Nile Virus)|
|Animal Related Complaints||480-644-2268|
|Smoke Free Arizona||1-800-429-6676|
|Mesa Police Department (non-emergency)||480-644-2211|
|Solid Waste (Bulk trash pick-up, Dumpster arrangements)||480-644-2221|
|Environmental & Sustainability (Construction Dust, Environmental Issues)||480-644-3599|
|Maricopa County Zoning||602-506-3695|
|Landlord Tenant Disputes/Tenant's Rights (Community Legal Services)||602-258-3434|