If You Discover Fire or Smoke or Hear Audible Fire Alarms:
- Rescue: Remove everyone from immediate danger.
- Alarm: Notify 911 of the fire situation and activate the nearest emergency pull station.
- Contain: Close all doors to confine smoke and fire.
- Evacuate: Unless otherwise directed, follow the evacuation plan and proceed to the designated safe area outside the building.
IF YOU CATCH ON FIRE:
DO NOT RUN!!!!
- STOP where you are;
- DROP to the ground and
- ROLL over and over to smother flames.
IF YOU ARE TRAPPED IN YOUR HOME/OFFICE:
- Wedge wet towels or cloth materials along the bottom of the door to keep out the smoke.
- Close as many doors as possible between you and the fire.
- Use the telephone to notify 911 of your problem and location.
- If you are trapped in an area and need fresh air, only break the window as a last resort, and use caution when breaking the window.
- Be prepared to evacuate or shelter-in-place.
- Be prepared for further explosions.
- If evacuation is ordered, proceed to your family's designated assembly area.
- Open doors carefully and watch for falling objects.