Mesa Fire and Medical Department
- NFPA Safety Tips for Thanksgiving
- Request a station tour/event attendance
- 2018/2019 Shift Calendar
- Fire Safety Operational (FSOP) Fees
- Need a record or report?
The Mesa Fire and Medical Department is currently NOT accepting applications for Firefighter Recruit. Please check back for upcoming opportunities or fill out a Job Interest Card to be notified when positions open.
Cool weather and outdoor cooking season has arrived! Please review open burning and recreational fire guidelines.
Mesa Fire and Medical Department was established and organized in 1898. It has grown to twenty stations that house twenty-four Engines, five ladders, one ladder tender and three ARFF units at Mesa airports. We also have three Community Medicine(CM) response units, one Transitional Care unit and two Behavioral Health units.
Chief Mary Cameli serves as the department's Fire Chief and has served Mesa Fire and Medical Department for over 34 years. MFMD has 427 sworn personnel and 113 civilian personnel in support staff positions. The department divisions include Support Services, Operations, EMS, Training and Special Ops, Administration, Management Services, Fire Prevention, Personnel, PIO/Departmental Communications, Resource, Maintenance, Volunteers and Fire and Life Safety Education. (Org Chart)
Mesa's stations are divided into three battalions. Battalion Chief's supervise all three battalions. Battalion 201 also serves as the East Deputy Chief for valley wide response. Battalion 201 is responsible for the west side of the city. Battalion 203 services the north and east side of the city and Battalion 202 is responsible for the central corridor and the southeast portion of the city.
All engines and ladders are constant staffed with a captain, engineer and two firefighters; of which two are paramedics (ALS) and two are EMT's (BLS). The CM (medical) units and Transitional Care units are staffed with an Advanced Practice Provider (PA or NP) and an ALS Captain Paramedic. The Behavioral Health units are staffed with a licensed clinical behavioral health provider and an ALS Captain Paramedic.
|Tweets about MesaFireDept|
- Mesa Fire and Medical Department (MFMD) nor any of its programs or partners do not authorize any entity to solicit, collect or raise funds in exchange for product on our behalf. If you are contacted by anyone attempting to do so you are encouraged to contact MFMD or The Internet Crime Complaint Center (http://www.ic3.gov).
- MFMD does not have any connection to any outside agencies professing to provide or offering to provide inspections, tests or certifications to homes or businesses. Please contact Mesa Fire and Medical Department Fire Marshal office 480-644-2622