Join our Connector Team!
Connector Applications will be accepted from August 27 through September 21, 2018
September 25 and September 27
You are not required to attend. If you choose to attend you only need to attend one date as the same information will be relayed at each meeting. The orientation is strictly for information purposes. Information covered will include:
- Information on the Connector program
- Types of calls and support they provide
- Learn about our volunteer hiring and training process
- Understand the expectations required for the program
- Learn what you can expect to take from the program to utilize in your future careers
- Answer any questions you may have
- Sign up for your interview date and time (If you are unable to attend, you will be called to schedule your interview)
The Connector Program requires a one year commitment with the ability to volunteer for 15 hours per month. Connectors respond to some 911 calls and they also do customer home visits.
The Connectors are a customer service focused program providing service and support internally to MFMD and externally through service, support and education with our Community Outreach programs in the community.
We do not utilize firefighting skills or use EMT skills. We strictly provide customer service including the following:
- Fire crew support
- Motorist Assistance: Changing a tire, jumping a battery, giving fuel
- Transportation: Medic Retrievals and customer transports after an accident
- Food boxes
- Smoke Alarm Assistance: Installations and battery changes
- Emergency and Disaster Assistance: Sand Bag Assistance
- PD Assists: Missing person searches
- Special events: Host a table with educational materials
For additional information please email Community Outreach
Established in 1998, the Mesa Fire Department's Connector Program is designed to provide assistance in the City of Mesa after the initial 9-1-1 call. Services include:
Connector Volunteer Requirements:
- Valid Arizona drivers license
- Current Basic CPR certification
- Pass a full background check
- Pass the interview process
- Once confirmed, Connectors are expected to commit one year of service to the program.
- Connectors are required to volunteer 15 hours per month.
- Initial training is provided and required.
- Connector volunteers operate 7am-10pm, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.