Looking for fireworks on July 4? Join us at the Arizona Celebration of Freedom from 6 - 10 p.m. Fireworks approximately 9:30 p.m

Fees & Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Instructions to create and pay for New and Existing Fire Safety Operational Permits (FSOP)

 Fees Information: 

Beginning July 1, 2016, a $2.00 technology fee has been applied to  invoices  for Fire Safety Operational, Special Events, Tents, Pyrotechnics, and Fireworks permits per Resolution 10791.  On July 1, 2015, fire inspection fees increased 2% per Resolution 10628. Fees have not increased since the inception of the program in 2007, and currently do not cover associated delivery costs. The 2% increase brings the program closer to cost recovery. Re-inspection fees remain the same.

Description of Service



No Fee 
Burn Permit (bonfire, Pit BBQ)   No Fee
      Fire Inspection    
      High Risk Occupancy > 12,000 sf  $459.00 annually 
      High Risk Occupancy < 12,000 sf  $255.00 annually
      Medium Risk Occupancy  $153.00 annually
      Re-Inspect (follow-up on site) $  50.00 bi-annually
 Fire Safety Operational Permit $  15.00 annually charged to all occupancies for each location (excludes one and two family dwellings and home based businesses) 
Records Search (per address) $  30.00 an hour (1 hour minimum) each additional 15 minutes $7.50
Special Events: Carnivals, Fairs, Tent/Canopy Exhibits, Sales, or Trade Shows - any special event requiring a site inspection by the Fire Prevention Division
Tents > 400 sf $150.00 per request > than 14 days $300 per request < less than 14 days**
Canopies > 1,200 sf + (see note) $150.00 per request > than 14 days  $300 per request < less than 14 days **
Additional Tent/Canopy $40.00 
Fireworks/Pyrotechnics $250.00/Request 

**Fourteen (14) calendar days is determined from the date the request is submitted to

Permit Information

When are Permits required  How to request 


Burn Permit (Bonfire or Pit BBQ)

Call Fire Prevention 480-644-2622 

Canopy > 1,200 sf
Tent > 400 sf

Go to Tent/Canopy Permit Application fill out form and send to
Carnival, Covered Mall (for use as a place of assembly; open-flame or flame-producing equipment), Fair, Special Event, Trade Show. Call Tax and Licensing 480-644-2316
Fire Inspection/Re-Inspection (follow-up on site) Inspector schedules/visits annually (high hazard) or bi-annually (medium hazard). Requested inspections call 480-644-2622 and for re-inspections call the assigned inspector directly. 
Fire Safety Operational Permit   Permit invoice and application are mailed annually. For new occupancies or questions call Fire Prevention
Fireworks and Pyrotechnical Special Effects   Tax & Licensing 480-644-2316.  
Gated Access-to use/maintain gated access into gated communities Development and Sustainability, 480-644-4273 Press 1, then 3.

Records Search

Go to Records Search, fill out form, print and mail with fee. 




Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer