Reporting a NON-Emergency Crime; you can do it yourself!
The City of Mesa Police Department appreciates the opportunity to serve you. As part of our goal for providing better and faster service, we are providing all citizens that reside in or visit the City of Mesa the opportunity to file their own Crime Reports on-line.
This service is to be used for specific types of crime (explained below) that are of a NON-Emergency nature.
If your NON-Emergency crime does not meet the following criteria, please call the Mesa Police Department at 480-644-2211, option 2, to file a report.
If it is an Emergency, please dial 9-1-1.
General Criteria for creating your own NON-Emergency Crime Report: in addition to the specific Crime Type Criteria listed in the chart below, the crime you are reporting yourself:
- Must have occurred within the City of Mesa city limits, except for Identity Theft. Identity Theft crimes can be reported at any Law Enforcement agency in the United States.
- Is a NON—violent crime.
- Has no obvious physical evidence that was left at the scene of the crime.
- Is being reported by a person that is at least 18 years of age.
- For adding additional information to an existing report, please have ready the original report number and the Officer’s name.
Chart of Crimes Types and Criteria for creating your own NON-Emergency Crime Report:
|CrimeType||Criteria: You can create your own Crime Report for these specific types of crimes as long as the ABOVE 5 general criteria is met and...|
|Hit and Run||
|Additional Information or Property||
Steps for creating your own Crime Report:
- Indicate the Type of Crime that is being reported.
- Indicate whether this Crime Report is an original (new) report or is additional information that is to be added to an existing report (supplemental).
- Indicate whether you are reporting the crime as a business or as an individual.
- Complete the screen that asks for all your contact information.
- Answer the questions that appear on all screens. These questions gather the details concerning the crime.
- Once all information is submitted, reviewed and approved, a copy of the unofficial report will be emailed to a valid email address provided.
By clicking on "Create Your Crime Report" below, you are acknowledging that you have read and understand that the reporting of a crime that is false or malicious is punishable by law and that all violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and by checking the box you attest to the truthfulness of the crime report. By checking the box you also acknowledge and understand that police reports are subject to public records laws and are/may be released.