Trash and recycle barrel service is provided Monday-Saturday, including all holidays. To allow safe pedestrian access, suggested barrel placement is as follows:
Barrels should be placed in the gutter and not on the sidewalk.
Placement exception: Only customers residing on streets that have a 35 MPH or higher speed limit should place their containers on the sidewalk.
When placing your barrel out for collection, please remember the following:
- Place the barrel out anytime after 6 p.m. the night before but no later than 6 a.m. on your scheduled collection day, including all holidays, to ensure service. Remove the barrel from the curb no later than 6 a.m. the following day.
- Place the barrel in the gutter with the handle of the barrel facing the house. To allow free and clear pedestrian access, please do not block sidewalk.
- Avoid placing barrel near objects that may prevent collection (e.g.- vehicles, light poles, mailboxes, planters, walls, etc.)
- Do not park vehicles near or in front of barrels that are placed out for service.
- Do not overfill barrel. The lid must be closed in order for the container to be serviced.
- Do not place items on the ground around the barrel or on top of the barrel itself.
- Do not use any other containers other than City provided barrels for garbage, green waste or recyclables.
- Do not let children play inside the barrels, or near the collection trucks.
If your barrel is in need of repair or replacement, please call Customer Service or complete an online service request.