Due to seasonal high temperatures and for the safety of our staff, we do not host collection events during this time of year.
A permanent facility located at 2412 N. Center St. is currently under construction and is scheduled to open in Fall 2018. At that time, we will resume accepting residential household hazardous material. Please check back at a later date for new information.
If you need to dispose of items prior to the opening of our new facility, please visit our alternative options page or contact a private hazardous materials disposal company to inquire about their disposal rates.
We appreciate your patience and look forward to welcoming you to our new facility when complete.
Items Not Accepted
- Commercial / Industrial waste
- Trash & debris
- Large truck tires
- Radioactive material
- BBQ grills
- Gas-powered lawnmowers & equipment
- Solar panels
- Residents are asked to remain in their vehicles and refrain from smoking while at drop-off site. City of Mesa staff members will unload your vehicle when you arrive.
- To minimize your service time when you pull up to the hazardous waste unloading area, we ask that you please remember the following:
- Please seal the material in its original container if possible.
- Please label unmarked containers if contents are known.
- Please DO NOT place household hazardous waste materials or small containers in black plastic or other bags. Use cardboard boxes or other containers that allow household hazardous waste materials / small containers to be clearly visible.
- If possible, mark items you intend to drop off with "HHW" for easy identification by staff members.
- Please note that event locations alternate between east and west Mesa.
Thank you for following these guidelines to help minimize event wait time and streamline the unloading process. We continue to make every effort to move you through the line as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Please DO NOT place household hazardous waste materials in your black barrel or in your blue or green recycling barrels. Also, please DO NOT leave household hazardous waste materials at any of the City's recycling drop-off centers. This can cause a serious safety risk.
- Additional Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Options
- Natural Recipes for Home & Garden - A guide of helpful hints to make your home & garden environmentally friendly
**eNOTIFICATION REMINDER FEATURE:
Mesa residents can sign-up to receive an eNotification reminder prior to a scheduled collection event date. To subscribe, visit the City of Mesa eNotification page and select Household Hazardous Waste events.