Emergency Response Team Amateur Radio Operators
We need volunteers:
If you are a licensed FCC Amateur Radio
Operator, and have the desire to help your
community, you may consider volunteering with the
City of Mesa Volunteer Emergency Response Team.
If you are interested or have more questions
please contact: Craig Borshiem, EOC Amateur Radio
Equipment Used in the Emergency Operation
- Kenwood TM-D7100A dual-band operation radio.
- 24/7. Emergencies can happen at any time.
You must be prepared to respond to the EOC at
any time, including during the workday,
weekends, or in the middle of the night!
- Each team member should plan to work an 8
- Shifts will be determined from the time the
EOC is activated. For example:
||First 8 hours
||Second 8 hours
||Third 8 hours
- Please be aware that in rare cases you may
be asked to work beyond your regular 8 hour
shift. Please be prepared to be flexible.
- When we need you, we'll need you right away!
In an emergency, the most likely way for you to
be contacted is by telephone. Please make sure
the EOC Amateur Radio Coordinator has your
latest contact numbers (home, work, cell,
- Please keep your chosen means of
communication with you and on whenever