Blue Barrel Recycling for Businesses
City of Mesa commercial solid waste customers are eligible to participate
in the City's Blue Barrel Recycling Program at no additional charge.
90-gallon blue recycle barrels are provided upon request and are serviced on
a weekly basis. Customers generating a large amount of cardboard
material are encouraged to inquire about obtaining a cardboard recycling
Items accepted in Mesa's Blue Barrel Program
Identical to our residential recycling program, the following items may
be recycled in the 90-gallon container:
- Junk mail, paper bags, brochures, envelopes, paper ream
wrappers,computer & writing paper
- Magazines, catalogs, telephone books and newspapers (include
- What about shredded paper?
- Packing boxes (please remove packing material)
- Milk, juice & ice cream cartons
- Frozen dinner boxes
- File folders, paper tablet backings, facial tissue boxes,
soda boxes &
other packaging containers
- Cups & containers #1 - #7
- Plastic bottles, jugs and jars (milk, peanut butter,
soda, water, mustard, shampoo, mouthwash, medicine, lotion, detergent,
- Disposable plastic cups
- Yogurt, cottage cheese, margarine & whipped topping
- "Clamshell" food containers (e.g.- produce, baked
- No Styrofoam, plastic bags or film
- Bottles & jars containing a food or beverage when purchased
- Juice, soda, beer & wine bottles, etc.
- Baby food, mayonnaise, pickle & jelly jars, etc.
- Metal cans containing a food or beverage when purchased
- Soda & beer cans; aluminum foil products
- Vegetable, soup, tuna, & pet food cans, etc.
Large, metal recycling bins are also available for those
organizations that generate a large amount of a particular
recyclable item such as newspaper or corrugated cardboard.
How do I start a recycling program at my place of work?
- Determine who your trash provider is and contact them to
determine what recycling
options are available. If you are located in a business
complex and trash service is provided as part of your lease
agreement, contact your property management office.
City of Mesa Solid Waste Customers:
- City of Mesa solid waste customers should call (480) 644-6789
to discuss your recycling request. A staff member will
be happy to assist you in determing what will best meet your
- Determine if your company is going to purchase desk side
recycling containers for everyone within your organization or if you will
instead purchase central recycling bins for placement throughout the office.
Both of these types of containers can be purchased from
janitorial, home improvement and office supply stores.
- Determine how the material will be transferred into the
City of Mesa blue
barrels and rolled out for collection on your designated
- Promote the program to your co-workers and make sure
they understand what can and can't be recycled.
City of Mesa staff is available to conduct on-site recycling
presentations upon request. You can also print our
recycle flyer which
lists all acceptable items.
- Generate enthusiasm for the program and know you are
making a difference!
Solid Waste Management Department
Clean Sweep/Green Sweep
Mesa, AZ 85211
Walk-in service requests/payments:
55 N. Center St.
6935 E. Decatur St.
Mesa, AZ 85207
7 a.m.-6 p.m.
Fridays & holidays
Missed barrel notification
Barrel collection schedule
Barrel or service requests
All other service requests should be directed to
Charlie the Recycling Chimp school
Email us (General Questions)