The Self-Certification Program eliminates plan review by allowing a registered professional to take responsibility for and certify a project's compliance with building code, standards and ordinances. Self-Certified permits will be issued within 5 days of application.
The Building Official shall determine if a project will be eligible for this program. The following projects can be considered:
- Single Family detached buildings and accessory structures that comply with the limitations of the Mesa Residential Code (IRC).
- Tenant Improvements, Tenant Completions, remodeling or renovations for Group B (Business); Group M (Mercantile); Group S (Storage) except aircraft hangers; and Group F (Factory/Industrial) occupancies.
- Certain smaller scaled projects may be eligible for this program if approved by the Building Official.
- Architect or structural engineer registered in Arizona.
- Successful completion of Phoenix self-certification training.
|2005 NEC Checklist (update coming soon)
||2006 Fire Sprinkler Checklist (update coming soon)
|2006 IBC Checklist (update coming soon)
||2006 IBC-ANSI Checklist (update coming soon)
|2006 IMC-IFGC Checklist (update coming soon)
||2006 IPC Checklist (update coming soon)
|2006 IRC Checklist (update coming soon)
||Audit and Appeals Procedure|
|Building Plan Submittal Checklist||Professional of Record|
|Field Changes and Revision Procedures||Intake Process|
|Owner Consent/Corrective Action Agreement||Owner/Tenant Certification|
|Sample Hold Harmless Letter||Self-Certification Eligible Projects|
|Self-Certification Flow Chart||Self-Certification Project Application (update coming soon)