Mesa Drive Improvements, 8th Avenue to Main Street
and Broadway Road, Wilbur to Lesueur
UPDATE: January 2020
Phase 1 (intersection improvements): Night work continues intermittently on underground utilities at the intersection of Mesa Drive and Broadway Road. Night work will continue through the end of February 2020.
Phase 2: Improvements to the east side of Mesa Drive from Broadway Road to Main Street and improvements to the north side of Broadway Road from Mesa Drive to Lesueur until approximately March 2020.
- Traffic on Mesa Drive continues to be shifted to the west side (southbound lanes) of Mesa Drive from Broadway Road to Main Street to begin improvements on the east side of Mesa Drive. At the same time, traffic on Broadway Road will be shifted to the south side (eastbound lanes) of Broadway Road from Mesa Drive to Lesueur to begin improvements on the north side of Broadway Road.
- Crews continue removal and reconstruction of existing sidewalk, curb and gutter along Mesa Drive. Installation of new sidewalk and driveway’s will take place within the next few weeks.
- Installation of new storm drain and catch basins will occur within the next couple of weeks.
- Crews continue the installation of new water, gas and sewer lines within phase 1 and 2.
- Crews continue the installation of new conduit for street lighting, fiber optics, poles and foundations.
- Beecroft (sub for SRP) continues to install electric conduit to prepare for future underground power lines.
Upcoming Street Closures/Restrictions:
- Daytime traffic on both Mesa Drive and Broadway Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction.
- 1.7.2020 to 1.21.2020 - Lesueur will be CLOSED at Broadway Road (north side) from 6am to 6pm for utility improvements.
- 1.12.2020 to 1.17.2020 - Eastbound Main Street will be CLOSED at Mesa Drive, 7pm to 5am, for utility improvements.
- Intermittent nightly closures, 7pm to 5am for underground utility improvements continue at the intersection of Mesa Drive and Broadway Road. During night closures, east and westbound traffic on Broadway Road will be CLOSED to through traffic.
Your contact for Haydon Building Corp is Robby Shinn at (602) 695-9953.
If you have any questions, please contact the City of Mesa Engineering Public Relations Department at 480-644-3800. Si usted tiene preguntas de este proyecto, favor de llamar a Lucy Lopez, con la Ciudad de Mesa al (480) 644-3800.