Mesa Drive Improvements, 8th Avenue to Main Street
and Broadway Road, Wilbur to Lesueur
UPDATE: October 2019
Phase 1 (intersection improvements): Late July 2019, HBC began night work on underground utilities (i.e. sewer, storm drain, water and gas etc.) on the west side of the intersection of Mesa Drive and Broadway Road. During Phase 2, night work will continue on underground utilities in the east side of the intersection. Night work at the intersection will be on-going until mid-November 2019.
Phase 2: Contractors are preparing for the next phase of construction – improvements to the east side of Mesa Drive from Broadway Road to Main Street and improvements to the north side of Broadway Road from Mesa Drive to Lesueur.
- October 5th and October 6th, 2019, temporary traffic signals will be installed at the intersection of Mesa Drive and Broadway Road. The lane striping will be reconfigured to prepare for the traffic switch. It is anticipated this work will take most of the day and night to have traffic completely shifted over with temporary traffic signals placed and functioning. Law enforcement officers will be on site to assist in managing traffic during this transition.
- Late night Sunday, October 6th, traffic on Mesa Drive will be shifted to the west side (southbound lanes) of Mesa Drive from Broadway Road to Main Street to begin improvements on the east side of Mesa Drive. At the same time, traffic on Broadway Road will be shifted to the south side (eastbound lanes) of Broadway Road from Mesa Drive to Lesueur to begin improvements on the north side of Broadway Road. Law enforcement officers will be on site to assist in managing traffic during this transition. This traffic configuration will be in place for improvements until approximately February 2020. During this timeframe, there will be one lane in each direction with a center left turn lane. Business and residential access will be maintained with temporary restrictions to allow the contractor to complete the necessary work. You will be notified prior to any driveway restrictions.
- Phase 2 improvements will include removal and reconstruction of existing sidewalk, curb and gutter, water and gas and storm drain. In addition, contractor crews will begin installing electric conduit to prepare for future underground power lines.
Upcoming Street Closures/Restrictions:
- Nightly closures, 7pm to 5am for underground utility improvements continue at the intersection of Mesa Drive and Broadway Road. During night closures, east and westbound traffic on Broadway Road will be CLOSED to through traffic.
- Daytime traffic on both Mesa Drive and Broadway Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction with a left turn lane.
Your contact for Haydon Building Corp is Robby Shinn at (602) 695-9953.
If you have any questions, please contact the City of Mesa Engineering Public Relations Department at 480-644-3800. Si usted tiene preguntas de este proyecto, favor de llamar a Lucy Lopez, con la Ciudad de Mesa al (480) 644-3800.