2019 City of Mesa process and timeline
- Gila River Indian Community 2019 Grant Cycle documents are posted on the Gila River Indian Community website at www.gilariver.org. Click on “Departments” (bottom of page), click “Executive” (right side of page) and then click “Office of Special Funding” (left side of page).
- All applicants must use the Gila River Indian Community application, easily identified by the heading “Grant Cycle 2019.”
- Resolutions will be required only for those proposals identified to receive awards and will be required at the end of the process.
- However, a municipality representative must sign the application cover sheet to acknowledge your application in order for it to be accepted by the Gila River Indian Community.
- For this purpose, the City’s Grants Coordinator, Sharon Skinner, will serve as the City of Mesa Representative.
Request for City Representative Signature of Acknowledgement must be emailed to Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 6:00pm on March 18, 2019 with the following information included in the body of the email:
- The name of the program/project your agency/department will fund with the grant
- The amount of funding requested from GRIC
- A short description of the program/project for which you are requesting funding
- A brief paragraph describing how this program/project will impact Mesa community and the projected number or percentage of Mesa residents to be served
- Your complete contact information including phone, email and mailing address with a designated point of contact
- Your completed cover sheet must be attached to your email request. If all city requirements are met, a signed copy will be returned to you.
Deadline for completed Cover Sheet to City of Mesa Grants Coordinator: March 18, 2019 6:00pm
The complete 2019 timeline is as follows:
- January 2, 2019—Grant Cycle Opens
- March 18, 2019 6:00pm—Cover sheets due to Sharon Skinner for signature of acknowledgement. Send via email to email@example.com along with the above listed information.
- March 29, 2019 5:00 p.m.—Complete Grant applications due electronically to the Gila River Indian Community Office of Special Funding at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- July 31, 2019—Applicant Notification of Award phase will be made.
- August 2, 2019—Deadline for Resolution Materials to City of Mesa Grants Coordinator, Sharon Skinner
- August 26, 2019—Funding Award Resolution on City Council Meeting Agenda.
- September 1, 2019 5:00 p.m.—Copy of executed City Council resolution will be sent directly to Gila River Indian Community with cc’s to award phase applicants upon approval and execution.
- October 2019—Grant awards announced