2019 City of Mesa process and timeline
Based on prior years’ application deadlines, the following process and timeline will apply for City of Mesa resolutions of support.
- April 18, 2019—Deadline for hard copy Resolution of Support Requests to City of Mesa Mayor and email copy to Grants Coordinator (See below for details on required information.)
- May 20, 2019—Resolutions of support on City Council Agenda
- May 23, 2019—Copies of Executed City Council Resolutions emailed to Agencies
- May 31, 2019—Anticipated Application due date to Tohono O’odham Nation
NOTE: Those agencies selected for award must be included in an executed IGA (Intergovernmental Agreement) between the City of Mesa and the Tohono O’odham Nation. Awarded agencies must contact the City of Mesa Grants Coordinator Sharon.email@example.com immediately upon notice of award to ensure timely processing of IGA materials.
Resolution of Support Required Format and Information
A hard copy request for City of Mesa Resolution of Support on agency letterhead must be mailed to City of Mesa Mayor John Giles, 20 E Main Street, PO Box 1466, Mesa AZ 85211-1466
A copy must also be emailed to Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org
Your request for a resolution of support must be made in letter format on agency letterhead and must include the following information:
- The name of the program/project your agency/department will fund with the grant
- The amount of funding requested from Tohono O’odham Nation
- A short description of the program/project for which you are requesting funding
- A brief paragraph describing how this program/project will impact Mesa community and the projected number or percentage of Mesa residents to be served.
- Your complete contact information including phone, email and mailing address with a designated point of contact.