The key to reducing the number of false alarm activations begins with alarm system education. Understanding your system and how it works will help reduce the number of alarm calls police officers respond to due to faulty systems or human error. You can help by:
- Learning how to prevent a false alarm by attending an Alarm Awareness Class (dates below).
- Reviewing the False Alarm Prevention Guide [PDF].
- Contacting your alarm company to learn how to cancel a false alarm.
- Reviewing the City of Mesa Alarm Ordinance 6-15 to learn what your responsibilities are as an alarm user.
- Calling the Mesa Police Department Alarm Unit any time you have a question.