We have participated in the Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Program since 1988. During this time, the we have funded projects that assist in the provision of emergency shelter and/or prevention activities for the homeless or those at risk of being homeless.
To be eligible for funding, activities must either be: Undertake renovation, major rehabilitation, or conversion of buildings for use as emergency shelters for the homeless; or Provide essential services to the homeless; or Provide for payment of maintenance, operation costs (i.e.: rent, utilities, insurance, security, repairs or furnishings, etc.); or development and implementation of homeless prevention activities (with qualifying criteria).
ESG funds are part of an annual award process.
The City of Mesa Housing and Community Development Department facilitates an annual application process for the CDBG, ESG, HOME, and Human Services Programs. All non-profit agencies are encouraged to apply. While not mandatory, we encourage you to have a representative from your agency attend any of the applicable program-specific training sessions offered each fiscal year.
ESG Fact Sheet [PDF]
- F1 - Insurance [PDF]
- F10 - Certifications [PDF]
- F12 - Subrecipient Amendment Request Form [PDF]
- F20 - Reimbursement Request Cover Letter [DOCX]
- F21 - Request for Reimbursement Form [XLS]
- F31 - Subrecipient Timesheet [XLSX]
- F32 - Subrecipient Semi-Annual Employee Certification [DOCX]
- F46 - ESG Match Certification [XLSX]
- F47 - ESG Annual Report [PDF]