Join our Connector Volunteer Team
Applications for the Connector program are now closed. Recruitment will begin again in the fall of 2019.
Connector Volunteer Requirements:
- Valid Arizona drivers license
- Current Basic CPR certification
- Pass a full background check
- Pass the interview process
- Once confirmed, Connectors are expected to commit one year of service to the program.
- Connectors are required to volunteer 15 hours per month.
- Initial training is provided and required.
- Connector volunteers operate 7am-10pm, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Steps included in the process include:
- Apply online
- Complete paperwork & sign up for an interview
- Attend Interview
- Complete a background check/driving clearance
- Attend mandatory training
- Start Connector training shifts
Established in 1998, the Connector program is a fire department based, customer service focused program providing service and support internally to Mesa Fire and Medical Department and externally through service, support and education with our Community Outreach programs. The Connector Program requires a one year commitment with the ability to volunteer for 15 hours per month. Connectors respond to customer home visits and some 911 calls.
Connectors do not utilize firefighting skills or use EMT skills. Connectors strictly provide customer service including the following:
- Fire crew support
- Motorist assistance: changing a tire, jumping a battery, giving fuel
- Transportation: Medic retrievals and customer transports after an accident
- Emergency food boxes
- Smoke alarm assistance: installations and battery changes
- Emergency and disaster assistance: sand bag assistance
- PD assists: missing person searches
- Special events: host a table with educational materials