The Mesa Fire and Medical Department Grief Support Team: Grief Support provides emotional support and community resources to families who are dealing with a family member or loved one.
The Grief Support Team provides on-call assistance, seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. in the City of Mesa.
These services include providing emotional support to families and friends, assisting in the death notification process, and assist in the choice of necessary services.
Volunteers have the opportunity to choose between day and night shifts to meet the flexibility of their schedules. The first shift is from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. and the second shift is from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Volunteer members are contacted by telephone and will respond to a call in their own vehicle.
Becoming a Team Member:
- Mail to: PO Box 1466 Mesa, AZ 85211
- Drop off at: 13 West First Street, Mesa, AZ 85201
- Fax to: 480-644-4673
- Attend & complete an interview
- Pass background check (fingerprinting and DMV driving record)
- Attend Orientation/Training
- Available for at least two shifts per month
- Contact Fire and Life, Safety Education 480-644-2200
- Print a Brochure