- Car seat installations are done only on Tuesdays from 8:00am - 10:30am. For additional information call 480-644-2200.
- Due to the high volume of requests and limited number of technicians we ask that you schedule 4-6 weeks prior to your due date.
If you or your child are sick as a courtesy we request that you cancel your appointment.
Mesa Fire and Medical Department does not provide free car seats.
City of Mesa Fire Stations DO NOT have car seat technicians available to assist with car seat installations. Schedule your appointment here
- Local Valley inspection stations
- Recalled car seats
- Arizona Revised Statute, Title 28, Transportation
- SAFE KIDS Child Passenger Safety
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Never leave children or pets alone in hot cars! Even for a minute...
It is never too early or too late to talk about the dangers of leaving children in hot cars. Every year children have died in hot cars across the country. The inside of a car can reach life-threatening temperatures when outside temperatures are as low at 70 degrees. For the Valley, that means children are at risk throughout the year. In addition, children's thermoregulatory systems are not as efficient as adults and their body temperatures warm 3 to 5 times faster than adults. A car parked in direct sunlight during a 100 degree day, which is typical for our area, can reach temperatures up to 170 degrees within 30 minutes.
Please remember to always check the back seat for children and follow these tips to help prevent your child from being left in a hot car:
- Never leave a child in the car, running or not
- Always take the child into the house first, followed by packages or groceries
- Leave an item such a purse or briefcase in the back seat where the children are buckled in
- Talk with childcare and family members about the dangers of being forgotten in hot cars
- If there is a change in routine, call to follow up with care givers
- Prevent children from playing in parked cars by locking the doors and warning them of the dangers