Thank you to Mesa City Council and partnering departments within the City of Mesa. It is with this direction and support that the federal dollars received by the City of Mesa have strengthened the housing market, bolstered the economy, and improved the quality of life for Mesa residents.
The Annual Report for the Housing and Community Development Division within the Community Services Department provides specific stories of people that have benefited from City of Mesa services.
Annual Report [PDF]
The City of Mesa has prepared the Consolidated Plan covering the five-year period July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2019.
The preparation of a Consolidated Plan is required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) as a prerequisite for receiving formula grant funds. The formula grant programs include the Community Development Block Grant, Home Investment Partnerships Program, Emergency Solutions Grant, and Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS. The Plan is implemented through five annual Action Year Plans that allocate grant funds to specific program activities during a particular year.
- FY 2010-2014 5-Year Consolidated Plan [PDF] previously named '3 to 5 Year Strategic Plan.'
- FY 2015-2019 5-Year Consolidated Plan Process and 2015-2016 Annual Action Plan [PDF]
- FY 2015-2019 5-Year Consolidated Plan Summary of Plan Priorities [PDF]
Analysis of Impediments (AI)
Provisions to affirmatively further fair housing (AFFH) are principal and long-standing components of HUD’s housing and community development programs. These provisions flow from the mandate of Section 808(e)(5) of the Fair Housing Act which requires the Secretary of HUD to administer the Department’s Housing and Urban Development Programs in a manner to affirmatively further fair housing. Local entitlement communities meet this obligation by performing an “Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice (AI)” within their communities, developing strategies, and implementing actions to overcome these barriers.
The City of Mesa has prepared the following Annual Action Plans in support of its Consolidated Plans. The Annual Action Plan serves as Mesa's annual application to HUD for funding and indicates which specific program activities are to be funding during a particular year. The following Annual Action Plans are available for review:
- FY 2018-2019 Annual Action Plan [PDF]
- FY 2017-2018 Annual Action Plan [PDF]
- FY 2016-2017 Annual Action Plan [PDF]
Occasionally, changes may be necessary to the jurisdiction's Consolidated and/or Annual Plans. These changes are governed by the jurisdiction's Citizen Participation Plan that's included as an attachment to the Consolidated Plan. The following City of Mesa Substantial Amendment is available for review:
Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
The City of Mesa is required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to provide an Annual Performance and Evaluation Report to assess its progress in meeting the goals its Annual Action Plan and in turn, its 5 Year Consolidated Plan. The following City of Mesa CAPERs are available for review:
- FY 2017-2018 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) [PDF]
- FY 2016-2017 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) [PDF]
- FY 2015-2016 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) [PDF]
Citizen Participation Plan
- Housing Rehabilitation Program Report [PDF]
- CDBG - Home Sub-Recipient Amendment Request Form [PDF]
- Housing Master Plan [PDF]
Public Housing Agency Annual Plans
As part of the requirements for continued funding from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), the Mesa Housing Authority is required to prepare and submit a Public Housing Agency (PHA) Annual Plan. The Annual Plan informs HUD of the goals and objectives the City of Mesa Housing Authority will pursue during the upcoming year relative to specific program areas. The Plan must be reviewed and approved by the Housing Governing Board before submission to HUD. The goals and objectives of the Plan are to assist eligible families in the City of Mesa with rental subsidy in compliance with federal regulations. The following Public Housing Agency Annual Plan is available for review:
- Public Housing Agency - 07/01/2018 Administration Plan [PDF]
- Public Housing Agency - 07/01/2017 Administrative Plan [PDF]
- Public Housing Agency - FY 2018-2019 DRAFT Annual Plan [PDF]
- Public Housing Agency - FY 2018-2019 DRAFT Annual Plan Attachment A [PDF]
- Public Housing Agency - FY 2017-2018 Annual Plan [PDF]
- Public Housing Agency - FY 2017-2018 Annual Plan Attachment A [PDF]
- Public Housing Agency - FY 2015-2019 5-Year Annual Plan [PDF]
- City of Mesa Housing Authority Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Policy [PDF]
- FSS Action Plan [PDF]
For further information, contact Housing and Community Development, located at 20 East Main Street, Suite 250, Mesa, AZ 85201 or at 480-644-3536.
To Receive Updates, send e-mail to Liz.Morales@mesaaz.gov (please include contact information in e-mail).