Curbside collection of appliances such as air compressors, refrigerators, dishwashers, stoves, washers/dryers, water heaters, microwaves, evaporative coolers, etc. is available and must be scheduled in advance.
For customer convenience, the fee for this service is added to your monthly City of Mesa utility bill.
Why should I recycle my appliances?
- Safe Freon removal - Since 1992, federal law prohibits the release of ozone depleting refrigerants into the atmosphere. Freon must be first be removed from appliances by a certified technician before they can be recycled.
- Conserve natural resources - Appliances are broken down into parts and recycled accordingly.
What days are available for pick up in my area?
How much does it cost?
Mesa solid waste customers will be charged $19.00 for each appliance picked up at their home.
How do I schedule this service?
Appliance collection must be scheduled in advance by contacting Solid Waste at (480) 644-6789. Residents may also submit an online request and a Solid Waste representative will call you within one business day to schedule the pickup.*
To prepare for pickup, and for safety reasons, please follow the guidelines listed below relating to refrigerators, freezers or freezer chests, ovens, or any other appliance that may pose a hazard to children:
- Remove refrigerator and/or freezer doors.
- Tape refrigerator and/or freezer doors shut using strong tape.
- Lay refrigerator and/or freezer on curb with doors face down.
*If you need to cancel or reschedule, a 24-hour advance notice is required and you may do so by calling (480) 644-6789. A trip fee of $11.79 will be assessed if items are not at the curb when our crew arrives.
Are there alternative recycling options?
Mesa residents may drop off appliances at the Household Hazardous Materials Facility at no charge. Limit of two appliances per day please.
You may also transport your appliances directly to the Salt River Landfill and pay any applicable disposal fees at the facility. (The Salt River Landfill is independently owned and operated and is only able to accept cash payment.)