Trash and recycle barrel service is provided Monday-Saturday, including all holidays. To allow safe pedestrian access, suggested barrel placement is as follows:
Barrels should be placed in the gutter and not on the sidewalk.
Placement exception: Only customers residing on streets that have a 35 MPH or higher speed limit should place their containers on the sidewalk.
When placing your barrel out for collection, please remember the following:
- Place the barrel out anytime after 6 p.m. the night before but no later than 6 a.m. on your scheduled collection day, including all holidays, to ensure service. Remove the barrel from the curb no later than 6 a.m. the following day.
- Place the barrel in the gutter with the handle of the barrel facing the house. To allow free and clear pedestrian access, please do not block sidewalk.
- Avoid placing barrel near objects that may prevent collection (e.g.- vehicles, light poles, mailboxes, planters, walls, etc.)
- Do not park vehicles near or in front of barrels that are placed out for service.
- Do not overfill barrel. The lid must be closed in order for the container to be serviced.
- Do not place items on the ground around the barrel or on top of the barrel itself.
- Do not use any other containers other than City provided barrels for garbage, green waste or recyclables.
- Do not let children play inside the barrels, or near the collection trucks.
If your barrel is in need of repair or replacement, please call Customer Service at (480) 644-2221 or complete an online service request.