On December 2, 2019, the City Council approved a pilot period of one year starting on February 1, 2020, to allow licensed providers of Shared Active Transportation Vehicles (SATV), including shared bicycles, e-bikes and scooters, to operate in Mesa if they abide by the City’s Terms & Conditions. The License may be renewed annually at operator’s request and at the sole discretion of City, so long as Operator is in compliance with these Terms and Conditions, the related License, and all Applicable Laws.
- The program will be reevaluated by February 1, 2021.
- The license allows shared scooter and bicycle companies (listed below) to operate in City of Mesa right-of-way.
- The City of Mesa has not imposed a service area, but coverage may be limited by the operator.
- Scooters and bicycles may be ridden on sidewalks or on the street except in the Downtown Mesa “Walk Your Wheels” zone.
- Scooters and bicycles are to be staged and parked at completion in the City’s right-of-way.They must not block any sidewalk, ADA access or under bus shelters.
- Users must yield to pedestrians.
- Users must ride with traffic when in the street.
- Users are encouraged to wear a helmet while operating SATVs.
For more information on shared vehicles please contact the current providers operating in Mesa: