This conservation site is dedicated to helping homeowners associations, businesses and multifamily properties reduce water consumption. Generally, the biggest expense of a HOA is water and landscaping. So jump in and get some ideas for saving money and water!
* * NEWS * *
The City of Mesa received funding through a grant from the United States Bureau of Reclamation for a new irrigation equipment incentive. At this time, funding is not available. However, applications are being accepted for a waiting list. Options for funding are being explored but are not guaranteed.
Certain types of water saving equipment may be eligible for an incentive for non-residential properties. Requirements of the incentive and the application are available at the link below. Please contact Becky Zusy at (480) 644-3058 or email@example.com for more information.
** WAITING LIST AVAILABLE - Grant-funded Non-Residential Irrigation Equipment Incentive **
** WAITING LIST AVAILABLE - Grant-funded HOA, Commercial, Multifamily, Non-Residential Grass-to-Xeriscape Landscape Incentive **
To assist our non-residential customers with saving water, the City of Mesa offered a Grass-to-Xeriscape rebate, funded through a grant from the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation. At this time, funding is not available. However, applications are being accepted for a waiting list. Options for funding are being explored but are not guaranteed.
If the program gets funding, it will match the previous program’s requirements. Non-residential customers who apply to remove 10,000 square feet or more of established and living grass and plan to replace it with a water-thrifty landscape may qualify to receive an incentive from the City of Mesa. The requirements are available at the link above. Please contact Becky Zusy at (480) 644-3058 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Rebates & Water Saving Programs
- Landscape Watering Calculator Helps you estimate how much water you should be using on your landscape each month.
- WATER CONSERVATION is Everyone's Business The City of Mesa will support local restaurants and businesses (including HOA's) with a free pre-rinse spray valve (for dishwashing operations) and a WaterBroom device (for floor surface and pool deck water-friendly cleanup). Call (480-644-3306) or email us to claim yours while supplies last!
- Non-Residential/Commercial Irrigation Equipment Incentive
- Commercial Grass-to-Xeriscape Incentive
- Residential Grass-to-Xeriscape Incentive
Landscape Contract Resources
- Sample Landscape Contract
- Horticultural Professionals
- Common Issues at HOAs
- Hiring a Contractor
- Questions to Ask When Hiring a Landscaper
- Landscape Maintenance Considerations for HOAs
City and Other Links
- Living Green & Sustainability Programs
- Landscape Watering Reminder - Sign up for a monthly watering schedule and reminder.
- Neighborhood Services - City of Mesa services and assistance.
- Leadership Centre - Find leadership, educational and mediation resources.
- Smartscape Graduates - Graduates of the Smartscape Certified Landscaper program have received 20 hours of specialized training for landscaping appropriately in the desert. Smartscape classes cover topics specific to designing, renovating and maintaining desert adapted plants, drip irrigation design and installation, water management and irrigation controllers, and solutions to plant problems.
- Irrigation Association Certified Professionals Certified irrigation professionals are committed to managing water efficiently. They understand the latest irrigation technology and techniques. Click the link to find a certified professional for your irrigation project.