Water Resources FAQs

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Below are the answers to the questions we are asked most frequently.  Hopefully, you will find the information you need on this page, but if your question isn't listed here or if you need additional information, please contact us.


Expand/Contract Questions and Answers

  • Fire Hydrant: Who do I call to report a damaged fire hydrant?

  • Does the city have service line insurance to cover breaks or blockages in water or sewer lines on my property?

  • How do I find out if county island property has city water and sewer service?

  • How do I read my water bill?

  • How do I detect a water leak?

  • What is an industrial pretreatment permit?

  • What does the city consider process wastewater to be?

  • What happens if I am operating without an industrial pretreatment permit?

  • How much does an industrial pretreatment permit cost?

  • What happens once an industrial pretreatment permit is issued?

  • What is backflow?

  • What is a cross-connection?

  • What are some examples of cross-connections?

  • What causes backflow?

  • What is back-siphonage?

  • What is backpressure?

  • How can backflow be prevented?

  • What is a backflow assembly?

  • Who is required to have a backflow prevention assembly?

  • How do I know if I need a backflow prevention assembly?

  • I have access to auxiliary* water on my property. Do I need backflow protection?

  • Who can install a backflow prevention assembly?

  • Where should a backflow prevention assembly be located?

  • Who is responsible for the testing and maintenance of the backflow assembly?

  • How do I find an approved Certified Tester?