Department of Arts & Culture Strategic Positioning 2018 - 2019
Mesa will be a nationally acclaimed destination, known for its innovations and quality in arts and culture, and for a community deeply engaged and committed to cultural programs and participation.
To strengthen, for all, the creative, social and economic fabric of our community and region through inspiring, relevant, fun and transformational cultural experiences, and cross-sector collaborations.
- High Standards & Continuous Improvement
- Innovation & Creativity
- Integrity& Respect
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Exceptional Customer Service & Community Ownership
- Inclusivity & Accessibility
- Enhance and promote Mesa as a city offering extraordinary opportunities for learning, discovery and creativity
- Support the development and sustainability of a strong Creative Economy
- Increase the value the public places on arts and culture
- Strengthen the sustainability of Mesa’s arts and culture community
- Connect the diverse segments of our community with our organizations and programs, and those of partnering organizations, through active engagement, outreach and education
- Maintain and increase the quality of our programs, services, customer service and facilities
- Increase the numbers of patrons and donors
- Increase the visibility and awareness of our organizations and programs
- Act as a catalyst for the creation of activated public spaces and a visual strategy for Downtown Mesa
- Develop a detailed branding/awareness plan for our programs and organizations
- Continue to develop/strengthen engagement/outreach/education/program plans that extend our reach beyond our walls into the community and region
- Continually pursue programs and partnerships of high quality and diversity, seeking to identify and present new, unique and transformative experiences
- Pursue joint planning and implementation of key initiatives with community partners
- Build and maintain strong public advocacy for our organizations, our work and the value of what we do
- Develop a plan for consistently and systematically gathering data, information, intelligence
- Create a “culture of philanthropy”—a development and cultivation plan shared and supported by all staff members
- Continuously improve customer service in all areas, welcoming every visitor and addressing the needs of all.
- Improve communication across internal areas and organizations.
- Coordinate program and operational activities for greater efficiency and impact