Hacktivate Mesa is back!
January 13-14, 2020
Mesa Arts Center, IKEDA Theater
Participation open to HS aged students from across the East Valley
Hacktivate Mesa is a two-day experience for local area high school students to discover, study, analyze and
present data about an issue or challenge facing our community. 90 participants will form up to 18 teams and
tackle the challenges together as a group. Team presentations will be judged, and the winners will receive exciting
This is a great opportunity if you are interested in data, education, or just want to help young students get more
involved with their community.
We encourage your participation in this one of a kind event to help promote data science, STEM, critical thinking,
problem solving, presentation skills, community pride, and so much more.
This event is run by the City of Mesa and the Mesa Public Schools.
Questions? Contact Evan Allred at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-644-2495.
2019 Winning Teams
- Most Innovative went to the “Hack Rabbits” team from Mesa High
- Best Presentation went to the “Initium Novum” team from Red Mountain High
- Best Overall Analysis went to the “RMStem” team from Red Mountain High on the topic of “Health and Safety in our community”
All Team Presentations
- AntiDerivators from Mesa High (Health & Safety)
- Freedom Fighters from Mesa High (Homelessness)
- Grease Rabbits from Mesa High (Opioids)
- Hackcity from Dobson High and BASIS (Downtown Mesa)
- Mustang Hacks from Dobson High (Recycling)
- Red Mountain Rockstars from Red Mountain High (Downtown Mesa)
- Skyline Ducks from Skyline High (Recycling)
- Westwood Hackers from Westwood High (Sustainability)