NOTICE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and its negative impact on the City’s budget, temporary measures have been implemented to aid in uninterrupted trash service during this time. There will be no change to your trash or recycle collection days. However, blue recycle and green yard waste barrels will be collected by the same truck and this material will be temporarily landfilled. Residents are asked to please continue to only place accepted items in the correct barrel to avoid contamination when recycle services resume to normal operation.
During this temporary change in servicing both the blue recycle and green yard waste barrels with the same vehicle, barrel collection service times will be impacted. To avoid any missed barrel service, residents should place their barrels out for collection after 6 p.m. the night before or no later than 6 a.m. on your normal recycle service day. This will ensure your recycle barrels are serviced each week. To schedule a special pickup for non-serviced barrels due to late set out, please call Customer Service at (480) 644-2221. Additional fees will apply.
If your container was not serviced for any of the following reasons, a special pick-up is available for an additional fee:
- Barrel was not out by 6 a.m. on scheduled collection day, including all holidays.
- Container was overloaded with material exceeding the height of the barrel or bin.
- Container was not accessible and/or was blocked by a vehicle or other obstruction.
- Container was contaminated with non-acceptable material.
To order a special pick-up or to notify us that your container was not serviced for any other reason, please use one of the following options:
For quick and easy reporting, complete the form at the bottom of this page. Once your form has been submitted, an Environmental Management & Sustainability representative will contact you by phone.
Business hours (Monday-Thursday 7 a.m.-6 p.m.): Call Customer Service at (480) 644-2221. You will hear a series of automated greetings and should follow the instructions listed below (please do not press selection until prompted to do so):
- First prompt: Press 1 if you have your utility account number or 2 if you do not.
- Second prompt: Press 4 for 'solid waste or trash requests'.
- Third prompt: Press 1 for 'black, blue or green barrel requests'.
- Please hold until a representative is available to assist you.
Non-business hours: During non-business hours, please complete the form below to report a non-serviced container.