Business / Multi-unit Collections Program
Mesa's Environmental Management & Sustainability Department offers an extensive array of full-service, cost-effective solid waste programs and services to Mesa businesses and multi-unit communities.
- Sunday and holiday services
- Special pick-up services
- Competitive prices
- Recycling programs - Metal bins for cardboard or blue barrel service for mixed recyclables
- Bulk item disposal
- Container maintenance
- Friendly, customer oriented service
Roll-off Rentals and Compactor Service
The Environmental Management & Sustainability Department has 20-, 30- and 40-cubic yard roll-off containers available for construction, roofing and other large-scale projects. Roll-off boxes can generally be set 2 days after a customer service request is received, subject to availability. We also service privately-owned compactors.
*For your safety, never enter or drive vehicles into container.
20-yd roll-off container 30-yd roll-off container 40-yd roll-off container
22' x 8' x 4' 22' x 8' x 6' 22' x 8' x 8'
The Environmental Management & Sustainability Department also has 2-,3-,4-,6-, and 8-cubic yard metal bins available for solid waste disposal. Rates are based on bin size and quantity requested as well as the frequency of service. We'll be happy to discuss with you the size of bin that would be most appropriate for your business or multi-unit community. We also offer special pick-up service in case you need your container emptied before your next regularly scheduled collection day.
2-yd metal bin* 3-yd metal bin 4-yd metal bin*
4' x 3' x 6' 4' x 3.5' x 6' 4' x 4.25" x 6'
6-yd light duty metal bin* 6-yd humpback metal bin 8-yd humpback metal bin
5' x 5.5' x 6' 6.25' x 5.5' x 6' 6.66' x 6.5' x 6'
* Shown with optional caster wheels.
Plastic 60- and 90-gallon barrels are available for curbside collection. Businesses that select this service option receive once-per-week refuse collection and once-per-week recycling collection.
The Environmental Management & Sustainability Department offers commercial recycling programs for commodities such as plastic, paper, cardboard, metal and glass. These services are exclusively available for current City of Mesa solid waste customers and we'll be happy to discuss with you what option would best meet your business and multi-unit needs. Depending on your current trash service, you may even be able to reduce your monthly service fee.
- Metal bins for cardboard only recycling: If your business generates a large amount of cardboard material, this option may be ideal for you. Monthly fees do apply for this service and are based on selected container size and frequency of collection.
- Blue barrel service: 90-gallon blue recycle barrels are available at no additional charge. Barrels are serviced once-per-week and your collection day is based on the location of your property. Similar to our residential recycling program, accepted materials include plastic, paper, cardboard, metal and glass. Detailed list>>>
Bulk Item Disposal
- Appliance Recycling: Curbside collection of appliances such as refrigerators, microwaves, dryers, etc. is available and must be scheduled in advance by calling 480-644-6789. Authorized account holders may also submit an online request. There is a charge of $19.00 per appliance.
- Bulk Item Collection: Large items, such as furniture, can cause a potential safety hazard if placed in a trash bin. These items can overload your container and cause it to become unserviceable. Bulk item collection charges depend on the amount of material needing to be picked up and start at $23.04 per load (load size is approximately 4'x4'x8'). To schedule this service, please call (480) 644-6789. Authorized account holders may also submit an online request.
For current rates and additional information on how the Environmental Management & Sustainability Department can help meet your disposal needs, please call 480-644-6789 or submit an online service quote request and a representative will be happy to assist you.
City of Mesa design standards:
Mesa Standard Details & Specifications (Refer to Sect. M-62 for trash enclosure information)