If you have been affected by COVID-19, please visit the MesaCARES website
for available resources for all Mesa residents.
Mesa is committed to Fair Housing!
The City of Mesa is committed to building neighborhoods and an environment where everyone can choose to live where they want to live.
What is Fair Housing?
The Federal Fair Housing Act and the State of Arizona prohibit housing discrimination based on:
- National Origin
- Familial Status
Who can help you if you feel you were discriminated against?
The City of Mesa can provide assistance, information, and materials regarding Fair Housing questions and complaints.
Complaints received by the City of Mesa are forwarded to the Arizona Attorney General's Office, Civil Rights Division. The Attorney General's Office will conduct an investigation to determine if there is a grievance. If you believe that you have been discriminated against while seeking housing, you may contact:
City of Mesa Housing and Community Development
Attn: Fair Housing Coordinator
- U.S. Dept of Housing and Urban Development
- National Fair Housing Alliance
- Title VI of The Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Fair Housing First
- Arizona Department of Housing
- Fair Housing Complaints - Arizona Attorney General
- Section 109 of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974
- Age Discrimination Act of 1975
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Violence Against Women Act Reauthorization Act of 2013