This area of the Fire/Medical Department, within the Technical Services Division, consists of Chris Arriaga (GIS Specialist), Justin Platt (Senior GIS Technician) and Robert P. Perez (GIS Technician). These 3 individuals are responsible for creating and maintaining preplans (apartments, trailers, schools and local businesses) and the CAD map used while responding to Fire and Medical incidents and by the Police and Fire dispatch centers.
This team also creates GIS based maps to illustrate Fire Station Locations (present and future), Battalion Areas, Call Volume per Fire Apparatus within the City Limits and other maps as required by teams and management.
Please also see the Computer Aided Dispatch Page for additional information regarding Technical Services and Dispatch & Deployment Divisions.
Software utilized by GIS staff includes:
Other graphic and digital production software as required.
Current duties include:
- Working on updating the current preplans of the local businesses, hospitals etc. with new additions.
- Maintain floor plans of the schools within the Mesa city limits in for use in the Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) System Map.
- Converting manual drawn preplan maps into AutoCAD and placing them into the CAD System Map.
- Geospatial representation of Fire and EMS services provided to aid in reporting, planning and other activities as needed.
- Use of FireView software to complete tasks, such as incident analysis, station location coverage analysis, spatial queries, and incident mapping.
- Perform Network Analysis to assist Fire Chief with station location and coverage analysis.
- Working with the Deployment team on short and long term solutions for the fire service needs of The City of Mesa as it continues to grow and emergency service calls increase.
The following documents are in PDF format: