Sustainability55 N. Center Street
Mesa, AZ 85201
Hours of Operation
There you are... just who we're looking for! If you got here, we know you're interested in sustainability, green ideas and protecting the natural environment. But sustainability also includes creating a better community, boosting economic growth, and promoting a vibrant social network. Even the smallest act can make a big difference.
You've taken the first step by visiting this site where you'll find lots of simple choices for your next step - finding ways to make a positive impact! With your help, ideas, and participation, it will all contribute to building a sustainable community. Find Mesa's Living Green Info Card (PDF).
November Sustainability Savings Tip [PDF] Energy efficiency comes in all shapes and sizes.
See our monthly Living Green Events by clicking on the link in the blue "news" box, upper right.
Check out our Monthly Landscape Watering Guidelines on our Water Conservation page.
DID YOU KNOW? Our Household Hazardous Materials Facility is open Wed-Sat from 7 a.m. to Noon.
Wondering how to safely drain or backwash your swimming pool?
ARBOR DAY was April 26, it may have passed, but you can still learn about tree care, tree planting and more!
We have great resources for Low Impact Development - design techniques that work with nature to manage stormwater.
- Find our Low Impact Development Toolkit (PDF) and learn how we can clean our water, water our street landscapes and reduce urban flooding.
- Our newest guide, Greater Phoenix Metro Green Infrastructure Handbook, provides Low Impact Development Details for Alternative Stormwater Management.
Solar Resources - great links and information on how to go solar, ways to incorporate energy efficiency into your home, and some additional, yet creative ways to use our abundant sunshine. Here we also shed some light on exciting City solar projects!
Solar Pilot Program for City of Mesa Electric Customers! Up to $1,000 for residential and $15,000 for commercial qualified solar electric (PV) systems in Mesa's electric service area.
Diary of a LEED Fire Station. LEED features were incorporated into Fire Station 219 and 220. What is LEED? Check out our fun, tell-all blog of why this fire station is different.
Large properties can save water and money with our landscape water use calculator.
|MORE SUSTAINABILITY LINKS|
- Community Garden Page (learn about Mesa Urban Garden and more)
- Earth Day Page (learn about resources year 'round, not just on Earth Day)
- Arbor Day Page (learn about trees and tree care and our Abor Day activities)
- Green Building for Homeowners (learn about Solar, Energy Efficiency and Tax Credits)
- Green Workshops & Events (learn about upcoming Mesa programs)
- Sustainability Resources (find outside links and info)
Cool City Programs
- Water Conservation
- Grass-to-Xeriscape Rebate
- Historic Preservation
- Blue Barrel Recycling
- Green Waste Barrel
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Paint Reuse Program
- Tree City USA