640 N Mesa Drive
PO Box 1466
Mesa, AZ 85211
Hours of Operation
Gas Emergency or Odor
480-644-4277 or 911
(24 hours/7 days)
480-644-2266 or 911
(24 hours/7 days)
The Business Development group in the Energy Resources Department can help identify the location of existing gas and electric utilities, provide "will serve" letters, and direct you to the proper agencies and/or individuals to make sure all your questions and concerns are addressed.
Contact Energy Business Development with any questions related to new natural gas or electric service construction.
In order to economically install natural gas, all builders/developers are required to provide a trench or an approved sleeve material when installing gas service lines from the home gas pipelines to the City's gas main located at the property line. With adequate separation from other utilities, Mesa Gas allows the use of joint trenching for gas service line installations.
To request a natural gas service order, schedule service installations, or request a natural gas meter installation, call our builder/developer line at 480-644-5555.
The following requirements must be completed before scheduling services:
- A trench or approved sleeve material extending from within two feet of meter location to within two feet of the City's gas line located near the property line.
- The trench/sleeve must be excavated/installed at a minimum depth of two feet as measured from finish grade.
- Ensure that the location of customer's piping complies with Mesa Gas requirements shown in Mesa details GD-1.3, GD-1.4, GD-1.5 and GD-3.9. Gas Detail Drawings.
Contact the City of Mesa Development Services Department to start the permitting process at 480-644-4273.
Safe excavation begins with you. Before starting any digging project, visit arizona811.com or call 811 to have all underground utilities located and marked. Your organization can also get free damage prevention and safety training. Train employees about Arizona 811 and safe digging when working around water, wastewater, electricity, and natural gas.
- Gas/Electric Service Requests
- Arizona 811 - call or click before you dig
- Excavator Information
- Advisory Regarding Meter Fees and Gas Line Extension Fees
- Gas Detail Drawings
- Info for Gas Material Suppliers
| Request Will Serve Letter
||Gas & Electric
|Gas & Electric
| Business Development
Contact: Business Development
Residential & Business:
|Permits & Inspections
|Mesa - Development Services