"Dedicated to doing our very best in providing the support to enable our members to provide the highest level of emergency medical care to our community"
Emergency Medical Services is responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs necessary to enable field providers to provide emergency medical care to the citizens and visitors of Mesa. The staff members of the EMS Division are committed to delivering the highest quality service possible.
The Deputy Chief plans, coordinates, and oversees the Mesa Fire and Medical Department Emergency Medical Support program and also serves as the Department's EMS Liaison.
The EMS Deputy Chief and members of the EMS Staff:
- Serve as liaisons to other medical units, such as hospitals, ambulance services, Department of Health Services, and other public safety agencies.
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate training programs for all Department medical providers.
- Prepare and manage the EMS budget.
- Coordinate the selection process by which firefighters are selected to become ALS providers.
- Investigate concerns or complaints regarding the delivery of pre-hospital care from employees, the public, hospitals, and recommend appropriate action.
- Maintain records of all State certifications and coordinate the certification process.
- Provide community education programs on topics such as EMS, CPR, and first aid.
- Conduct research to evaluate and improve the patient care delivery system.
- Manage contracts with educational facilities, transportation providers, and medical institutions.
- Serve as a medical information resource for field providers.
- Serve as a resource for medical, legal and risk management.
Care Facility Outreach:
- Care Facility Planning Guide
- What's the truck for? When MFMD arrives for your resident.
- Fire and Assisted Living Facility Scenarios (Video)
MFMD Care Facility Program:
2020 MFMD and Base Station CE Schedule (Open to all agencies, no registration required)